the Registrar of Copyrights who shall act under the superintendance and direction of the Central Government.
(3) There shall be a seal for the Copyright Office.
10. (1) Registrar and Deputy Registrars of Copyrights.The Central Government shall appoint a Registrar of Copyrights and may appoint one or more Deputy Registrars of Copyrights.
(2) A Deputy Registrar of Copyrights shall discharge under the superintendence and direction of the Registrar of Copyrights such functions of the Registrar under this Act as the Registrar may, from time to time, assign to him; and any reference in this Act to the Registrar of Copyrights shall include a reference to a Deputy Registrar of Copyrights when so discharging any such functions.
11. (1) Copyright Board.As soon as may be after the commencement of this Act, the Central Government shall constitute a Board to be called the Copyright Board which shall consist of a Chairman and not less than two nor more than eight other members.
(2) The Chairman and other members of the Copyright Board shall hold office for such period and on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed.
(3) The Chairman of the Copyright Board shall be a person who is, or has been, a Judge of the Supreme Court or a High Court or is qualified for appointment as a Judge of a High Court.
(4) The Registrar of Copyrights shall be the Secretary of the Copyright Board and shall perform such functions as may be prescribed.
12. (1) Powers and procedure of Copyright Board.The Copyright Board shall, subject to any rules that may be made under this Act, have power to regulate its own procedure, including the fixing of places and times of its sittings:
Provided that the Copyright Board shall ordinarily hear any proceeding instituted before it under this Act within the zone in which, at the time of the institution of the proceeding, the person instituting the proceeding actually and voluntarily resides or carries on business or personally works for gain.
Explanation.—In this sub-section "zone" means a zone specified in 37 of 1956.Section 15 of the States Reorganisation Act, 1956. 37 of 1996.
(2) The Copyright Board may exercise and discharge its powers and functions through Benches constituted by the Chairman of the Copyright Board from amongst its members, each Bench consisting of not less than three members.(3) If there is a difference of opinion among the members of the Copyright Board or any Bench thereof in respect of any matter