This page has been validated.
- (c) in respect of domicile in any territory outside India to which the order relates in like manner as if such domicile were in India;
- (d) to any work of which the author was at the date of the first publication thereof, or, in a case where the author was dead at that date, was at the time of his death, a subject or citizen of a foreign country to which the order relates in like manner as if the author was a citizen of India at that date or time;
and thereupon, subject to the provisions of this Chapter and of the order, this Act shall apply accordingly:
- (i) before making an order under this section in respect of any foreign country (other than a country with which India has entered into a treaty or which is a party to a convention relating to, copyright to which India is also a party), the Central Government shall be satisfied that that foreign country has made, or has undertaken to make, such provisions, if any, as it appears to the Central Government expedient to require for the protection in that country of works entitled to copyright under the provisions of this Act;
- (ii) the order may provide that the provisions of this Act shall apply either generally or in relation to such classes of works or such classes of cases as may be specified in the order;
- (iii) the order may provide that the term of copyright in India shall not exceed that conferred by the law of the country to which the order relates;
- (iv) the order may provide that the enjoyment of the rights conferred by this Act shall be subject to the accomplishment of such conditions and formalities, if any, as may be. prescribed by the order;
- (v) in applying the provisions of this Act as to ownership of copyright, the order may make such exceptions and modifications as appear necessary, having regard to the law of the foreign country;
- (vi) the order may provide that this Act or any part thereof shall not apply to works made before the commencement of the order or that this Act or any part thereof shall not apply to works first published before the commencement of the order.
41. (1) Where— Provisions as to works of certain international organizations.
- (a) any work is made or first published by or under the direction or control of any organisation to which this section applies, and