- (ii) unless the work is anonymous or the author of the work has previously agreed or required that no acknowledgement of his name should be made, also identifying the author.
(2) The provisions of sub-section (1) shall apply to the doing of any act in relation to the translation of a literary, dramatic or musical work or the adaptation of a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work as they apply in relation to the work itself.
53. (1) The Registrar of Copyrights, on application by the Importation of infringing copies.owner of the copyright in any work or by his duly authorised agent and on payment of the prescribed fee, may, after /making such inquiry as he deems fit, order that copies made out of India of the work which is made in India would infringe copyright shall not be imported.
(2) Subject to any rules made under this Act, the Registrar of Copyrights or any person authorised by him in this behalf may enter any ship, dock or premises where any such copies as are referred to in sub-section (1) may be found and may examine such copies.
(3) All copies to which any order made under sub-section (1) applies shall be deemed to be goods of which the import has been prohibited or restricted under section 19 of the Sea Customs Act, 1878, and all the provisions of that 3 of 1878.Act shall have effect accordingly:
Provided that all such copies confiscated under the provisions of the said Act shall not vest in the Government but shall be delivered to the owner of the copyright in the work.
54. For the purposes of this Chapter, unless the context otherwise Definition.requires, the expression "owner of copyright" shall include-
- (a) an exclusive licensee;
- (b) in the case of an anonymous or pseudonymous literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, the publisher, of the work, until the identity of the author or, in the case of an anonymous work of joint authorship, or a work of joint authorship published under names all of which are pseudonyms, the identity of any of the authors, is disclosed publicly by the author and the publisher or is otherwise established to the satisfaction of the Copyright Board by that author or his legal representatives.