(2) Any person having an interest in any copies of a work seized under sub-section (1) may, within fifteen days of such seizure, make an application to the magistrate for such copies being restored to him and the magistrate, after hearing the applicant and the complainant and making such further inquiry as may be necessary, shall make such order on the application as he may deem fit.
65. Any person who knowingly makes, or has in his possession, Possession of plates for purpose of making infringing copies.any plate for the purpose of making infringing copies of any work in which copyright subsists shall be punishable with imprisonment which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both.
66. The court trying any offence under this Act may, whether Disposal of infringing copies or plates for purpose of making infringing copies.the alleged offender is convicted or not, order that all copies of the work or all plates in the possession of the alleged offender, which appear to it to be infringing copies, or plates for the purpose of purpose of making infringing copies, be delivered up to the owner of the copyright.
67. Any person who,— Penalty for making false statements for the purpose of deceiving or influencing any authority or officer.
- (a) makes or causes to be made a false entry in the Register of Copyrights kept under this Act, or
- (b) makes or causes to be made a writing falsely purporting to be a copy of any entry in such register, or
- (c) produces or tenders or causes to be produced or tendered as evidence any such entry or writing, knowing the same to be false,
shall be punishable with imprisonment which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both.
68. Any person who,—
- (a) with a view to deceiving any authority or officer in the execution of the provisions of this Act, or
- (b) with a view to procuring or influencing the doing or omission of anything in relation to this Act or any matter thereunder,
makes a false statement or representation knowing the same to be false, shall be punishable with imprisonment which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both.69. (1) Where any offence under this Act has been committed by Offences by companies.a company, every person who at the time the offence was committed was in charge of, and was responsible to the company for, the conduct of the business of the company, as well as the company