This page has been validated.
- (s) "photograph" includes photo-lithograph and any work produced by any process analogous to photography but does not include any part of a cinematograph film;
- (t) "plate" includes any stereotype or other plate, stone, block, mould, matrix, transfer, negative or other device used or intended to be used for printing or reproducing copies of any work, and any matrix or other appliance by which records for the acoustic presentation of the work are or are intended to be made;
- (u) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
- (v) "radio-diffusion" includes communication to the public by any means of wireless diffusion whether in the form of sounds or visual images or both;
- (w) "record" means any disc, tape, perforated roll or other device in which sounds are embodied so as to be capable of being reproduced therefrom, other than a sound track associated with a cinematograph film;
- (x) "recording" means the aggregate of the sounds embodied in and capable of being reproduced by means of a record;
- (y) "work" means any of the following works, namely:—
- (i) a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work;
- (ii) a cinematograph film;
- (iii) a record;
- (z) "work of joint authorship" means a work produced by the collaboration of two or more authors in which the contribution of one author is not distinct from the contribution of the other author or authors;
- (za) "work of sculpture" includes casts and models.
3. For the purposes of this Act, "publication" means,—Meaning of publication.
- (a) in the case of a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, the issue of copies of the work to the public in sufficient quantities;
- (b) in the case of a cinematograph film, the sale or hire or offer for sale or hire of the film or copies thereof to the public;
- (c) in the case of a record, the issue of records to the public in sufficient quantities;
but does not, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Act, include,—
- (i) in the case of a literary, dramatic or musical work, the issue of any records recording such work;