This page needs to be proofread.
- 4How shall we sing the Lord's song
- In a foreign land?
- 5If I forget thee, O Jerusalem,
- Let my right hand forget her cunning.
- 6Let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth,
- If I remember thee not;
- If I set not Jerusalem
- Above my chiefest joy.
- 7Remember, O Lord, against the children of Edom
- The day of Jerusalem;
- Who said: 'Rase it, rase it,
- Even to the foundation thereof.'
- 8O daughter of Babylon, that art to be destroyed;
- Happy shall he be, that repayeth thee
- As thou hast served us.
- 9Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones
- Against the rock.
138 [A Psalm] of David.
- I will give Thee thanks with my whole heart,
- In the presence of the mighty will I sing praises unto Thee.
- 2I will bow down toward Thy holy temple,
- And give thanks unto Thy name for Thy mercy and for Thy truth;
- For Thou hast magnified Thy word above all Thy name.
- 3In the day that I called, Thou didst answer me;
- Thou didst encourage me in my soul with strength.
- 4All the kings of the earth shall give Thee thanks, O Lord,
- For they have heard the words of Thy mouth.
- 5Yea, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord;
- For great is the glory of the Lord.
- 6For though the Lord be high, yet regardeth He the lowly,
- And the haughty He knoweth from afar.
- 7Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou quickenest me;
- Thou stretchest forth Thy hand against the wrath of mine enemies,
- And Thy right hand doth save me.
- 8The Lord will accomplish that which concerneth me;
- Thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever;
- Forsake not the work of Thine own hands.
139 For the Leader. A Psalm of David.
- O Lord, Thou hast searched me, and known me.
- 2Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising,
- Thou understandest my thought afar off.
- 3Thou measurest my going about and my lying down,
- And art acquainted with all my ways.
- 4For there is not a word in my tongue,
- But, lo, O Lord, Thou knowest it altogether.
- 5Thou hast hemmed me in behind and before,
- And laid Thy hand upon me.
- 6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
- Too high, I cannot attain unto it.
- 7Whither shall I go from Thy spirit?
- Or whither shall I flee from Thy presence?
- 8If I ascend up into heaven, Thou art there;