L. S. NO. 2 TO GAZETTE NO. 27/2001
L.N. 158 of 2001
8. Discretion to cancel licence
Without prejudice to section 12, the Director may, at any time while a licence is in force, cancel the licence for contravention of any condition specified in the licence or of any provision under this Regulation.
9. Licence to be kept on board and produced for inspection
(1) A licence shall, at all times while it is in force, be kept on board the dwelling vessel in respect of which it is issued and be produced on demand to any authorized officer by the licensee or any person normally dwelling on the vessel.
(2) A person who, without reasonable excuse, fails to produce a licence when called upon to do so by an authorized officer commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 2 and to imprisonment for 6 months.
10. Issue of duplicate licence if original destroyed, etc.
Where a licence for the time being in force is destroyed, defaced or lost, the Director may, if he is satisfied as to the destruction, defacement or loss, issue a duplicate licence free of charge, and the duplicate licence shall have the same force and effect as the original licence and shall be regarded for all purposes of this Regulation as if it were the original licence.
11. Penalty for fraudulent alteration or use of licence
A person who fraudulently alters or uses a licence, or permits a licence to be fraudulently altered or used, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 3 and to imprisonment for 6 months.
12. Contravention of condition of licence
If the licensee of a licensed dwelling vessel contravenes, without reasonable excuse, any condition specified in the licence issued in respect of the vessel for the time being in force, he commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 2 and to imprisonment for 6 months.