MERCHANT SHIPPING (SECURITY OF SHIPS
AND PORT FACILITIES) ORDINANCE
Ord. No. 13 of 2004
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
Ordinance No. 13 of 2004
An Ordinance to implement the December 2002 amendments to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974 and the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code and related provisions in the Convention to enhance security of ships and port facilities; and to provide for incidental or related matters.
[25 June 2004]
1. Short title
This Ordinance may be cited as the Merchant Shipping (Security of Ships and Port Facilities) Ordinance.
2. Ordinance binds the Government
This Ordinance binds the Government.
(1) In this Ordinance, unless the context otherwise requires—
“Administration” (主管機關), in relation to a ship, means the government of the state whose flag the ship is entitled to fly;
“authorized officer” (獲授權人員) means—
- (a) any officer of the Marine Department of or above the rank of Marine Inspector Class II;
- (b) any police officer of or above the rank of Sergeant; or
- (c) any public officer authorized under section 9;