L. S. NO. 2 TO GAZETTE NO. 17/2002
L.N. 59 of 2002
6. Provision of information
The person responsible for a workplace shall inform users who normally use a workstation in respect of which a risk assessment has been performed under section 4 about the findings of the risk assessment and any action he has taken after the assessment.
7. Requirements for workstation
The person responsible for a workplace shall so far as reasonably practicable ensure that the workstations normally used by users in the workplace are suitable having regard to the safety, health and welfare of those users.
8. Provision of safety and health training
(1) An employer shall ensure that a user employed by him is provided with adequate safety and health training in the use of the workstation normally used by the user.
(2) Whenever the organization of a workstation normally used by a user is substantially modified, an employer shall ensure that the user is provided with adequate safety and health training with regard to the workstation as modified.
9. Users to co-operate with responsible person
A user shall conform to any system of work and any work practices that the person responsible for the workplace at which the user is employed has provided or established for the safety and health of users at the workplace.
(1) A person responsible for a workplace who fails to comply with section 4(1), (2), (4), (5), (6) or (7), 5, 6 or 7 commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 5.
(2) An employer who fails to comply with section 8(1) or (2) commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 5.
(3) A user who fails to comply with section 9 commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine at level 3.
(4) The offences mentioned in subsections (1) and (2) are offences of strict liability.