SAFETY OF UNITED NATIONS AND
ASSOCIATED PERSONNEL ORDINANCE
Ord. No. 2 of 2007
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
Ordinance No. 2 of 2007
An Ordinance to implement Article 9 and paragraphs 1 and 2(a) of Article 10 of the Convention on the Safety of United Nations and Associated Personnel; and to provide for incidental or related matters.
Enacted by the Legislative Council.
1. Short title and commencement
(1) This Ordinance may be cited as the Safety of United Nations and Associated Personnel Ordinance.
(2) This Ordinance shall come into operation on a day to be appointed by the Secretary for Security by notice published in the Gazette.
In this Ordinance—
“associated personnel” (有關人員) means—
- (a) persons assigned by a government or an intergovernmental organization with the agreement of a competent organ of the United Nations;
- (b) persons engaged by the Secretary-General of the United Nations or by a specialized agency or by the International Atomic Energy Agency; and
- (c) persons deployed by a humanitarian non-governmental organization or agency under an agreement with the Secretary General of the United Nations or with a specialized agency or with the International Atomic Energy Agency,