Colonies. See British Possessions.
Commencement or Act,
- date of coming into operation, 167
Commission. See Ownership of Copyright.
Common Law. See Unpublished Works.
Compilations. See Literary Works.
Compulsory Licence. See Royalty Clause—Records.
- where work is withheld from the public, 51
- action to restrain publication in breach of, 9, 159
- to infringe copyright, an indictable offence, 100, 101
Conversion. See Civil Remedies.
Copyright. See Term of Copyright—Ownership of Copyright—Infringement—Civil Remedies—Summary Remedies—Royalty Clause—Compulsory Licence—British Possessions—International Copyright.
- territorial range of Copyright Act, 1 , 2
- old law, 3
- conditions precedent to protection, 2, 3, 5, 7
- old law, 6, 8, 25
- power to exclude works of foreign authors, 138
- definition of, 11, 12
- what rights included in, 12, 13
- statutory exceptions from the sole right of reproduction and
- performance, 13
- rights included in, under old law, 14
Costs. See Civil Remedies.
- fair dealing for purpose of, 28
- old law, 29
Crown. See Government Publications—Bible—Prayer Book.
Damages. See Civil Remedies.
Death. See Will.
- passing of copyright on, 63