- It may call, in accordance with the rules prescribed by the United Nations, international conferences on matters falling within its competence.
- The Economic and Social Council may enter into agreements with any of the agencies referred to in Article 57, defining the terms on which the agency concerned shall be brought into relationship with the United Nations. Such agreements shall be subject to approval by the General Assembly.
- It may coordinate the activities of the specialized agencies through consultation with and recommendations to such agencies and through recommendations to the General Assembly and to the
Members of the United Nations.
- The Economic and Social Council may take appropriate steps to obtain regular reports from the specialized agencies. It may make arrangements with the Members of the United Nations and with the specialized agencies to obtain reports on the steps taken to give effect to its own recommendations and to recommendations on matters falling within its competence made by the General Assembly.
- It may communicate its observations on these reports to the General Assembly.
The Economic and Social Council may furnish information to the Security Council and shall assist the Security Council upon its request.
- The Economic and Social Council shall perform such functions as fall within its competence in connection with the carrying out of the recommendations of the General Assembly.
- It may, with the approval of the General Assembly, perform services at the request of Members of the United Nations and at the request of specialized agencies.
- It shall perform such other functions as are specified elsewhere in the present Charter or as may be assigned to it by the General Assembly.
- Each member of the Economic and Social Council shall have one vote.
- Decisions of the Economic and Social Council shall be made by a majority of the members present and voting.
The Economic and Social Council shall set up commissions in economic and social fields and for the promotion of human rights, and such other commissions as may be required for the performance of its functions.
The Economic and Social Council shall invite any Member of the United Nations to participate, without vote, in its deliberations on any matter of particular concern to that Member.
The Economic and Social Council may make arrangements for representatives of the specialized agencies to participate, without vote, in its deliberations and in those of the commissions established by it, and for its representatives to participate in the deliberations of the specialized agencies.
The Economic and Social Council may make suitable arrangements for consultation with nongovernmental organizations which are concerned with matters within its competence. Such arrange-