778 TWENTY-EIGHTH CONGRESS. Sess.]]. Ch. 73,74. 1845. Sr nors II. March 3, ]g45_ Cr-nr. LXXIII.—An det making appropriations for certain improvements in the ·—·;——— Territory of Iowa. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Ihtitea _Appropria- States of America in Congress assembled, That the following sums of lm"- money be, and they are hereby appropriated, out of any money in the Treasury not otherwise appropriated, to be expended under the direc- Improvement tion of the Secretary of War, for the improvement and construction of
frorn—— the following roads in the Territory of Iowa, to wit: '
bjufrs “f‘l’g’;va I0`F;o(m;hpivM1¥gs:;plp5 lgmlisopposite to the town of Bloomington, to crt . » ‘ 1 Mississippi From the Mississippi bluffs, opposite the town of Burlington, to the
- ’l'£.‘;‘° FOX old Sac and Fox agency, (Agency road, so called,) five thousand dol-
'%>,,,vig°_ lars: Provided, That such changes in the location of said road, and in the positions of the bridges thereon, may be adopted as shall be approved b the War De artment; Dubuque to yFrom Dubuqlhe, to the northern boundary of Missouri (the Military M‘”°“"· ’ road, so called,) eight thousand dollars; Harbor at Du- For the improvement of the harbor at the town of Dubuque, in addib“‘l“‘*· tion to the appropriation of last year, seven thousand dollars. Approved, March 3, 1845. STATUTE II. W March 3i 1845- Can. LXXIV.—An Act to establish certain post routes. Be it enacted b the Senate and House 0 Representatives 0 the PPs*'°°d° °¤‘ United States of idmerica, in Congress asseribled, That the folloiving t°bhSll°d' be established as post roads: M‘“"°· Maine.—Fro1n Letter B to Wilson’s Mills, in township Number Five, in the second range, county of Oxford. From Winthrop to North Wayne, in the county of Kennebec. From Springfield, in the county of Penobscot, through townships Numbers Six and Seven, to Topsfield, in the county of Washington. From Vassalborcf, Connecticut, through North Vassalboro’, Winslow, Sabasticook, Clinton, Burnham, Pittsfield, Detroit, Plymouth and Elma, to Carmel. From Thomaston to South Thomaston, in the county of Lincoln. From Oldtown through Argyle and Edinburg, to Howland. From Augusta to Thomaston, to East Thomaston, about four miles. From Morison, through Wilson to Greenville, at the foot of Moose Head Lake. From Freyburg corner in the county of Oxford, by Bridgton Centre, in the county of Cumberland, North Bridgton, Harrison to Norway village in said county of Oxford. Nv" H¤mP· New .Hampshire.—From Antrim South Village, via Bennington vil- 'h"°' lage, to the middle of Francestown, in the county of Hillsborough. From Gilford, in Belknap county, by Lake Village, Meredith Village, Holderness to Plymouth, in Grafton county. From Hillsborough Bridge, through the centre of Deering to Francistown. From Hillsborough bridge to Frenertown, through the centre of Deering, in the . county of Hillsborough, and that the present route from Deering throuoh Wier, to Concord, be discontinued. Vermont Ve:nront.—From Brunswick, in Essex county, on Connecticut river, via townships of Brunswick, Werilock, Ferdinand, Brighton, Charleston, and Brownin ton, to Irasburv. Massachusetts- Massae/tusetts.EFrom Ashburifham to New Ipswich,N ew Hampshire. NGW Y¤fk· New Y or/c.——From Ba1dwinsville,yia Plainville, Cato Four Corners,Cato, Victory, and Westbury, to Wolcott. From Holland Patent, via Floyd, to Oriskan y. From Almond, via Ebenezer Allen’s house and Cartwright and Waldrol·I"s store, to Phillipsville. From Wilna, via. Natural Bridge, to Diana. From Stockholm, via Brasher’s Falls and Helena, to Hogansburg. From Richfield Springs, via Page’s Corners, Jordanville, and