Page talk:The Education of Henry Adams (1907).djvu/32
The author's proximate family tree on his mother's side is listed on this book page and clarified here.
- The author's grandfather Peter Chardon Brooks, died on January 1, 1849, when the author was about ten years old.
- Peter C Brooks's estate was vast, perhaps two million dollars
- The estate went to his seven surviving children, who had many notable connections:
This last one, Abigail Brown, was the author's mother. (It is not written clearly.) Her first four children were:
- Louisa Catherine, born in 1830, a daughter named after her Johnson grandmother
- John Quincy, a son after his President grandfather
- Charles Francis Adams Jr, named after his father
- Henry Brooks Adams, the author of this book, named after his mother's favorite brother Henry Brooks who had just died
Abigail Brown Brooks Adams had more children, not listed here.