Partition Treaty on the Status and Conditions of the Black Sea Fleet
between the Russian Federation and Ukraine about the status and conditions of the Black Sea Fleet Russian Federation on the territory of Ukraine
Russian Federation and Ukraine, hereinafter referred to as the Parties, Aiming to further develop and strengthen friendship and cooperation Have agreed as follows below:
Status of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation on Ukraine is determined by this Agreement and other agreements between the Parties, is the development of this Agreement.
For the purposes of this Agreement, the following terms mean: 1. "Military formations" - the military units Russian Black Sea Fleet stationed in territory of Ukraine. 2. "Companies, organizations and institutions of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation "- stationed on the territory of Ukraine objects of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation, staffed by military personnel and civilians, and engaged in production and business, medical recreational or other similar activities the interests of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation. 3. "The place of dislocation" - defined area, water area, that host military units. 4. "Those members of the military formations" - servicemen of the Russian Federation, extending military service composed of military units, as well as sent to military formations of the Russian Federation. 5. "Family members, members of the military formations "- spouses, children. other permanent residents with relatives of these persons, as well as their dependents face.
The Russian Party shall promptly notify the Ukrainian Side through diplomatic channels on the appointment of the Commander Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation.
1. The total number of personnel, the number of ships ships, weapons and equipment of the Black Sea Fleet Russian Federation who are pas territory of Ukraine, not will exceed the levels specified in the Agreement between Russian Federation and Ukraine on the parameters section Black Sea Fleet from the "28" in May 1997. 2. The Russian Party shall annually, before January 1, according to list agreed by the Parties shall inform the Ukrainian side of the total number of personnel and the main armament Russian Black Sea Fleet located at territory of Ukraine.
Russian Party undertakes not to have nuclear weapons Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation located on the territory of Ukraine.
1. Military units operate in places of deployment in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation, respect the sovereignty of Ukraine, observe its legislation and do not allow interference in the internal affairs Ukraine. 2. Economic activity of enterprises, organizations and institutions the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation shall not contradict the legislation of Ukraine. 3. Public authorities to respect the status of Ukraine military formations, shall take appropriate and consistent with their command safety measures personal composition, protection of property rights and property military units, and do not interfere in their internal life. 4. Relationships of persons belonging to the military formations and their families with legal and physical Ukraine faces is governed by the relevant locations of the Parties treaties and laws of Ukraine.
Construction in areas of deployment of military forces roads, bridges, buildings and other facilities shall be Russian Party in consultation with the relevant authorities Ukraine.
1. Contents of the constitution of the military on the territory of Ukraine, their recruitment, financing and all kinds of supplies and stocks of the Russian Federation. 2. Military forces conduct exercises and other combat and operational training within training centers, landfills, positional areas and areas dispersal, shooting ranges and, in restricted areas, in designated areas of airspace in coordination with the competent Ukrainian authorities. Warships and military formations to court prior notice to the competent authorities of Ukraine can of sailing in the territorial waters of Ukraine in order to call (output) ports of Ukraine, which are deployed military formations. 3. Referred to in paragraph 2 of this Article polygons positioning areas and dispersal areas, shooting ranges and airspace designated areas may also shared by military units and Naval Forces of Ukraine by agreement between the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Defence. 4. Military units may in their locations and movements implement protection measures in accordance with the procedure established in the Armed Forces Federation, in cooperation with the competent authorities of Ukraine. 5. The procedure for using the navigation-system Parties hydrographic safety of navigation in the Black and Azov is determined by a separate agreement.
1. Exclusion zones for aircraft flights military formations in Ukrainian airspace determined by the competent authorities of Ukraine, taking into account needs of these military formations. If necessary, can establish additional aircraft flight corridors of military formations. 2. The Parties shall cooperate in the field of security aircraft flights military formations. Policies and forms of such cooperation shall be determined by individual agreements.
1. Ukraine reserves the right to military units contain and use of radio electronic facilities and funds accordance with the existing rules on the day of signing this Agreement. Reconstruction of existing and creation new electronic objects via separate agreements. 2. To avoid mutual interference Use frequency spectrum and radio frequencies electronic facilities are regulated by the formation of military separate agreement.
Persons belonging to the military units outside places dislocations can be installed in a way they dress in accordance with the procedures applicable in the Armed Forces The Russian Federation.
1. Service vehicles of the Black Sea Fleet Russian Federation must have a registration number and a clear sign. Use of official vehicles for license Ukraine signs are not allowed. 2. When operating vehicles of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation observed operating in Ukraine traffic rules, including the rules of conduct in place accident, as well as rules on the transport dangerous goods. Control over compliance with these rules by the competent authorities of Ukraine and the command Russian Black Sea Fleet. 3. Moving and lifting heavy equipment Russian Black Sea Fleet, including crawler machine outside the agreed routes provided rail or pas trailers.
1. Persons belonging to the military units cross the Russian-Ukrainian border on presentation identity soldier (military tickets) adult members of their families - passports and minor members of their families - on the record in these documents. 2. Parties grant to the persons entering into the military units, and following them to their families, crossing the Russian-Ukrainian border in connection with the change duty station, disposable carry their personal belongings without charging duties and other taxes of equivalent effect and fees.
1. Funds allocated from the budget of the Russian Federation for financing military formations of the Black Sea Fleet Russian Federation and individuals within them, are not subject to income tax in Ukraine. Businesses, organizations and Institutions Russian Black Sea Fleet produce tax deductions in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine. 2. Russian Federation's participation in socio-economic development of Sevastopol and other settlements, in which deployed military units of the Black Sea Fleet Russian Federation on the territory of Ukraine is carried out on basis of a separate agreement.
1. Transport troops, persons belonging to the military formations, following a single procedure and in part of military formations, weapons, military equipment and other logistical resources, and guard specialists, their attendants, all modes of transport, which are executed in the interests of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation, implemented on a priority basis to meet border, customs and other types of state control when crossing the Russian-Ukrainian border in accordance with the Ukrainian legislation. 2. Transport of dangerous goods and discharge are carried out in accordance with the signed December 23, 1993 in Ashgabat in within the Commonwealth of Independent States Agreement interstate transport of dangerous goods and discharge. 3. Special transport and military products appointments are made in accordance with the contract May 26 1995 in Minsk within the Commonwealth of Independent States Agreement on the transport of goods and special products for military appointment. 4. Transportation using ships Navy, civilian agencies of the Russian courts Federation of Ukrainian ports were in compliance with Merchant Shipping Code of Ukraine, the corresponding port rules, rules of safety of navigation and environmental protection Fisheries and Ukraine. 5. Movement associated with the activities of military units outside their areas of deployment are carried out after coordination with the competent authorities of Ukraine.
Questions to visit places of deployment of military forces representatives of third States are resolved by agreement between the competent authorities of the Parties.
Persons entering into military formations, paid salaries and wages and Ukrainian currency.
1. Russian Party will reimburse the damage that can be caused by acts or omissions of military formations or persons therein in the performance of their official responsibilities of citizens or legal entities of Ukraine, citizens or entities of third countries who are on territory of Ukraine, in the amount established on the basis of presented in accordance with Ukrainian legislation claims. 2. Ukrainian party will reimburse any damage that may be caused by troops on the territory of Ukraine acts or omissions of individuals or legal entities of Ukraine, in the amount established on the basis of presented according with Ukrainian law claims.
Jurisdictional issues associated with the presence of military formations on the territory of Ukraine shall be governed by the following follows: 1. In cases of crimes committed by persons forming into military formations or members of their families territory of Ukraine, the law of Ukraine and act courts, prosecution and other competent authorities Ukraine. 2. Paragraph 1 of this Article shall not apply to: a) in case of persons who are members of the military formations, or their family members - citizens of the Russian Federation - crimes against the Russian Federation, as well as against persons belonging to the military units or members their families - the citizens of the Russian Federation; b) in case of persons who are members of the military formations crimes while on duty in places where military formations. In the cases provided for in this paragraph shall apply legislation of the Russian Federation and the courts operating, prosecution and other competent authorities of the Russian Federation. 3. The competent authorities of the Parties may refer to one another with a request for surrender or acceptance of jurisdiction over individual cases provided for in this Article. Such requests will be dealt with immediately and favorably.
1. Ukrainian Party reserves the persons entering and composition of military units and their families right Ownership of immovable property owned by them (residential home, summer and garden buildings, garages, etc.). 2. Persons entering into military formations, and members of their families traveling outside Ukraine for permanent residence, Ukrainian Party shall provide an opportunity to export or selling their property.
Servicemen of military units provided Command of military units service the residential area at its disposal.
The Parties shall ensure to persons belonging to the military formations and their families equal rights with citizens of Ukraine right to education in the schools of general education. primary, secondary and higher education, admission to kindergartens, as well as protection health and other social services. Order payments in connection with the implementation of this Article is determined separate agreement.
Russian Black Sea Fleet, located at Ukraine undertakes to take all necessary measures to Under Ukrainian law, the conservation ecosystems and pollution prevention in the field of its disposition, reacts to this end with the relevant authorities Ukraine.
To resolve disputes concerning the interpretation and application this Agreement, a Joint Commission. The Mixed Commission shall act in accordance with adopted its rules. If the Joint Commission can not resolve dispute referred to it, it will be settled through diplomatic channels in soon as possible.
This Agreement shall be applied provisionally from the date of its signature and shall enter into force on the date of the last notification completion of their internal procedures necessary for its entry into force. * The notifications that the procedures necessary for entry into force of this Agreement will be performed notifications simultaneously with the exchange of the Parties to internal procedures necessary for the entry into force of the Agreement between the Russian Federation and Ukraine parameters of the division of the Black Sea Fleet of the "28" in May 1997 and Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and Government of Ukraine on mutual relating to section Black Sea Fleet and the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation on the territory of Ukraine of "28" in May 1997.
This Agreement is for 20 years, measured from the start date of its provisional application. Term of Agreement will be automatically renewed for successive periods of five periods, unless either Party notifies the other in writing Side of termination not later than one year before it expires.
Done at Kiev "28" in May 1997, in duplicate, in the Russian and Ukrainian languages, both texts being equally authentic.
FOR THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION FOR UKRAINE
Ratified by the Federal Assembly (Federal Law July 3, 1999 N 124-FZ - Collected Legislation Russian Federation, 1999, N 27, st.3186)
- The Agreement entered into force on 12 July 1999.