Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act/Title II/Subtitle K
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Subtitle K—Protections for American Indians and Alaska Natives
SEC. 2901. SPECIAL RULES RELATING TO INDIANS.
- (a) No Cost-sharing for Indians With Income at or Below 300 Percent of Poverty Enrolled in Coverage Through a State Exchange- For provisions prohibiting cost sharing for Indians enrolled in any qualified health plan in the individual market through an Exchange, see section 1402(d) of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- (b) Payer of Last Resort- Health programs operated by the Indian Health Service, Indian tribes, tribal organizations, and Urban Indian organizations (as those terms are defined in section 4 of the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (25 U.S.C. 1603)) shall be the payer of last resort for services provided by such Service, tribes, or organizations to individuals eligible for services through such programs, notwithstanding any Federal, State, or local law to the contrary.
- (c) Facilitating Enrollment of Indians Under the Express Lane Option- Section 1902(e)(13)(F)(ii) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1396a(e)(13)(F)(ii)) is amended--
- (1) in the clause heading, by inserting `AND INDIAN TRIBES AND TRIBAL ORGANIZATIONS' after `AGENCIES'; and
- (2) by adding at the end the following:
- `(IV) The Indian Health Service, an Indian Tribe, Tribal Organization, or Urban Indian Organization (as defined in section 1139(c)).'.
- (d) Technical Corrections- Section 1139(c) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1320b-9(c)) is amended by striking `In this section' and inserting `For purposes of this section, title XIX, and title XXI'.
SEC. 2902. ELIMINATION OF SUNSET FOR REIMBURSEMENT FOR ALL MEDICARE PART B SERVICES FURNISHED BY CERTAIN INDIAN HOSPITALS AND CLINICS.
- (a) Reimbursement for All Medicare Part B Services Furnished by Certain Indian Hospitals and Clinics- Section 1880(e)(1)(A) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395qq(e)(1)(A)) is amended by striking `during the 5-year period beginning on' and inserting `on or after'.
- (b) Effective Date- The amendments made by this section shall apply to items or services furnished on or after January 1, 2010.