Portal:Jacobite prints and broadsides
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Portal:Jacobite broadsides)
Parent portal: Scotland
Jacobite prints and broadsides
Jacobite prints and broadsides (Blaikie.SNPG) is a collection of works, particularly broadsides, relating to the Jacobite Rebellions in Scottish history (1715 and 1745-46), collected by Walter Blaikie and stored in the National Library of Scotland. Most of the items in the collection are images and can be viewed at Wikimedia Commons; written works in the collection are listed below.
- An Elegy on the much lamented Death of His Royal Highness, William, Duke of Cumberland, anonymous (Blaikie.SNPG.1.4, 1765).
- A Memorial for Britons by John Duick (Blaikie.SNPG.1.7, 1746).
- Culloden, anonymous (Blaikie.SNPG.18.4, c. 1745)
- Slavery in Miniature, anonymous (Blaikie.SNPG.18.6, 1745).
- The Rebells in a Panick, or Shakespear's Ghost in the North, anonymous (Blaikie.SNPG.18.7, 1745).
- A Proclamation by King James II and VII (Blaikie.SNPG.18.8, 1745).
- A Seasonable Warning and Exhortation of the Commission of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland by the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland (Blaikie.SNPG.18.9, 1745).
- Protest by Prince Charles Edward Stuart (Blaikie.SNPG.18.10, 1748).
- A Prayer for the Afflicted in this Time of Calamity, for the Prisoners and those Condemned to Die, anonymous (Blaikie.SNPG.18.11, 18th century).
- Copy of the Right Honourable Lord L----t's Letter by Simon Fraser (Blaikie.SNPG.18.12 & Blaikie.SNPG.24.70, 1745).
- An Account of the signal Escape of John Fraser, anonymous (Blaikie.SNPG.18.13, c. 1745)
- To the King's Most Excellent Majesty by the Episcopal Clergy of the Diocese of Aberdeen (Blaikie.SNPG.18.14, 1715).
- Abbay of Holyroodhouse, 26th September 1745 by Prince Charles Edward Stuart (Blaikie.SNPG.18.15, 1745).
- Letter by Robert Burns' son Robert by Robert Burns II (Blaikie.SNPG.18.15, 1796).
- The Jacobites Hopes, or Perkin rideing in Triumph, anonymous (Blaikie.SNPG.20.9, 18th century).
- Warrant of protection in favour of John Greigson, in Wark, Northumberland by Prince Charles Edward Stuart (Blaikie.SNPG.24.66, 1745).
- Facsimile of a letter by James VI-I by King James I and VI (Blaikie.SNPG.24.76, 1605).
- The Stature, Dress, and Likeness, of the Rebel Lords, anonymous (Blaikie.SNPG.3.6, 1746).
- ↑ Scan of item Blaikie.SNPG.18.9 is incomplete; an alternative version has been uploaded in its place.