Portal:Program Events at FTA
Disclaimer: The materials presented herein reflect only the opinions of the individual authors or speakers. They do not reflect any official statement of Policy or regulation by the Federal Transit Administration, its grantees or any other officials in the US Government. This is not an official site of the Federal Transit Administration.
As noted in Wikisource's General Disclaimer, use Wikisource at your own risk, and do not use Wikisource for engineering or legal advice or for specific government positions or requirements.
Construction Round Table
The Federal Transit Administration sponsors the Transit Construction Roundtable, with the purpose of bringing together FTA and grantee staff involved in the construction of major capital transit projects. This publication highlights the accomplishment of this forum of engineers and construction managers. This exchange of ideas, experiences, and best practices in the implementation of high dollar/complex construction projects is expected to: improve the quality of major capital projects by sharing lessons learned among transit agencies; and, improve FTA's service to its customers by listening to their concerns and implementing program initiatives to facilitate project delivery. To date, almost 40 semiannual meetings have been held in cities across the country.
- (excerpted from "Transit Construction Roundtable - Bringing Together Transit Properties to Exchange Ideas and Experiences" , Monograph, 1998.)
19th Roundtable at Minneapolis MN (2002)
- Program meeting presentations on transit projects:Conference materials on Utility construction for Transit Projects
- Program meeting presentations on specific transit projects.
22nd Roundtable at Newark NJ (2004)
- Highlights to 22nd FTA Construction Roundtable.
25th Roundtable at Seattle WA (2005)
- Update on FTA risk management process.
28th Roundtable at Los Angeles CA (2007)
- Overview of FTA risk management process
- Overview of FTA project phase model for New Start project delivery.
29th Roundtable at Cleveland OH (2008)
- Final Agenda for meeting.
- Minutes of meeting.
- Discussion by Construction Roundtable attendants.
- Exhibits to presentations.
- Project overview of Cleveland FTA project.
32nd Roundtable at Norfolk VA (2009 Q3)
- Part 1 ..agenda, minutes and related materials
- Part 2] ..agenda, minutes and related materials
- Part 3] ..agenda, minutes and related materials
- Part 4] ..agenda, minutes and related materials
23th Annual Engineers’ Meeting (Washington DC, 2007)
- 2007 Overview of FTA's Risk Management Process and modeling procedures.
- Overview of FTA's project delivery phase model for New Starts projects. (Not an official Document.)
24th Annual Engineers’ Meeting (Washington DC, 2008)
- Final Agenda and summary for conference.
- Risk products and lessons learned in the FTA risk program.
- Quality procedures for inspecting PMOC products.
27th Annual Engineers’ Meeting (Washington DC, 2011)
- Agenda for meeting.
- Overview and recap of FTA's risk experience at five years.
- Report on FTA experience with reviewing project cost estimates using PMOC guidance.
- Presentation on Geotechnical risk.
- Presentation on use of risk in program management.
- Contractor comments on FTA program management.
- Presentation on Agency operations.
- Presentation on Agency risk management.
29th Annual Capital Project Management Workshop [retitled] (Washington DC, 2014)
Agency Oversight Conference (Washington DC)
8th Oversight Meeting (2003)
- Contingency for Major Capital Projects: FTA sponsored this study to examine Grantees’ relevant past experience in order to determine the manner in which project contingencies were established and managed.
- Presentation on Cost Effective Transportation Solutions – Leveraging Federal Investments.. speech by Deputy Administrator
9th Oversight Meeting (2004)
10th Oversight Meeting (2005)
- Overview on 2004 oversight contractor scope and performance.
- Design Build project delivery overview from National Transit Institute design build course. (see Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy)
11th Oversight Meeting (2006)
- Presentations by FTA staff.
12th Oversight Meeting (2007)
New Starts Program Workshops
FTA’s discretionary New Starts grant program is the Federal government’s primary financial resource for supporting locally-planned, implemented, and operated major transit capital investments. The New Starts program has helped make possible hundreds of new or extended transit fixed guideway systems across the country, including heavy and light rail, commuter rail and bus rapid transit.
- Risk Handout from 2006 workshop.
Project Management Oversight Contractor (PMOC) Conference (Washington DC)
2005 PMOC Workshops
- Developing a spreadsheet for application of TCRP100 recommended process for LRT capacity calculations Sensitivity analysis for Norfolk LRT capacity
- establishing line capacity for a transit project.
- Examining the methodologies utilized in FTA risk assessment studies by comparing original assessments vs. the updates and other analyses.
- Report outlining how Contractors (PMOCs) assisted the FTA in establishing the costs to repair and/or replace transit capital assets damaged by the hurricanes. FTA used the capital damage assessment information to support legislative discussions regarding emergency relief to impacted region.
- Review of Cost and Bid Overruns on FFGA Projects as well as Identify trends in causation of cost overruns on FTA funded construction contracts Also, suggestions potential FTA policy responses to grantees seeking relief when confronted by significant cost overruns.
- Contracting presentation on funding restrictions for PMOC contracts.
2006 PMOC Workshops
- meeting agenda
- Presentations on Risk Analysis products on various ongoing FTA projects at that time.
- Presentation on new program management requirements for project delivery for the New Starts program administered by FTA under the new legislation.
2009 PMOC Workshops
2011 PMOC Workshops
- Update on FTA rule-making for New Starts/Small Starts.
- Overview of FRA rail program.
- Overview of Risk review process.
- Risk break out sessions.
- Risk Procedures
- Risk Procedures
- Organizing Risk Workshops.
- Risk Quiz.
- ROW contamination.
- Valuation of RR RoW.
- PM guidelines update.
- Multi-organizational oversight
- Design Build oversight
- PMOC observations on ARRA
- Small starts projects
- Project Cost Escalation
- LACMTA risk experience
- Dulles structural reuse
- Risk oversight procedures