Portal:Railroad engineering and operation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Economy of Railway Locomotion as it appeared in the June 1873 Popular Science Monthly
- The Growth and Effect of Railway Consolidation as it appeared in the March 1883 Popular Science Monthly
- A voice from the signal-box, or Railway Accidents and their Causes, by an anonymous signalman (1874).
- Portal:Channel Tunnel
- The St Gothard Tunnel as it appeared in the August 1880 Popular Science Monthly
- The Electric Railway as it appeared in the April 1884 Popular Science Monthly
- Geography and the Railroads as it appeared in the June 1884 Popular Science Monthly
- The Severn Tunnel: Its Construction and Difficulties. 1872–1887, by Thomas A. Walker, (1888).
- Compressed-Air Locomotive in St Gothard Tunnel as it appeared in the February 1877 Popular Science Monthly
- The Modern Locomotive, by Clarence Edgar Allen, (1912). (external scan)
- Steam Locomotive Construction and Maintenance, by E. L. Ahrons, (1921).
Operation and management
- Railway Locomotive Management, in a series of letters, by “Veriats Vincit” (1847) (external scan)
- Letters from an old railway official, to his son, a division superintendent, by Charles DeLano Hine, (1904).
- Letters from an old railway official (second series), his son, a general manager, by Charles DeLano Hine, (1912).
- Railway Age (1856–1908, 1918–present) — Merged with Railroad Gazette to form Railroad Age Gazette; recreated in 1918 when Railway Age Gazette renamed Railway Age. Renamed Railway Age and Railway Gazette for most of 1928 and part of 1929.
- Railroad Gazette (1870–May 1908) — Merged with Railway Age to form Railroad Age Gazette
- Railroad Age Gazette (June 1908–1909) — Renamed Railway Age Gazette
- Railway Age Gazette (1910–1917) — Became Railway Age in 1918
- American Railroad Journal (1832–1886) — Merged with Van Nostrand's Engineering Magazine as The Railroad and Engineering Journal
- The Railroad and Engineering Journal (1887–1892) — Changed name to American Engineer and Railroad Journal in 1893
- American Engineer and Railroad Journal (1883–May 1913) – Became Railway Age Gazette Mechanical Edition
- Railway Age Gazette Mechanical Edition (June 1913–1914) – Became Railway Mechanical Engineer
- Railway Mechanical Engineer (1915–?)
- Locomotive Engineering (?1888–1900) – Changed name to Railway and Locomotive Engineering in 1901)
- Railway and Locomotive Engineering (1900–?)
- Railway Times (1862?–1914?) — Merged in to Railway Gazette (UK) and Railway News
- Electric Railway Gazette (1884?–1895?)
- Die Lokomotive (1904–1937) — German language magazine published in Vienna. (external scan)
- Railroad accident report—Derailment of Southern Pacific Transportation Company freight train on May 12, 1989 and subsequent rupture of Calnev petroleum pipeline on May 25, 1989—San Bernardino, California, 1989 by the United States National Transportation Safety Board
- Subclass TF on Project Gutenberg