Public Law 111-138
Jump to navigation Jump to search
111TH UNITED STATES CONGRESS
To provide that claims of the United States to certain documents relating to Franklin Delano Roosevelt shall be treated as waived and relinquished in certain circumstances.
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
Section 1. TREATMENT OF OWNERSHIP OF CERTAIN DOCUMENTS RELATING TO FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT.
- (a) In General- If any person or entity makes a gift of any property described in subsection (b) to the National Archives and Records Administration, then any claim of the United States to such property shall be treated as having been waived and relinquished on the day before the date of such gift.
- (b) Property Described- Property is described in this subsection if such property--
- (1) is a part of the collection of documents, papers, and memorabilia relating to Franklin Delano Roosevelt or any member of his family or staff; and
- (2) was in the possession of Grace Tully and retained by her at the time of her death.
- (c) Date of Gift- The date of a gift referred to in subsection (a) is any date specified by the donor so long as such date is subsequent to the physical delivery of the property described in subsection (b) to the National Archives and Records Administration.
Approved, February 1, 2010.