Senate Joint Resolution 26, 21 January 1955
IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES
January 21, 1955
Mr. Welker (for himself, Mr. Daniel, Mr. Smathers, Mr. Smith of New Jersey, and Mr. Butler) introduced the following joint resolution; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Armed Services
To authorize the appointment of General of the Army Douglas MacArthur as General of the Armies of the United States.
- Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives
- of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
- That, in recognition of the great services to his country ren-
- dered by General of the Army Douglas MacArthur, the
- President is hereby authorized to appoint General of the
- Army Douglas MacArthur to the office of General of the
- Armies of the United States (which office is hereby revived
- for this purpose), such appointment to take effect as of the
- seventy-fifth anniversary of his birth, January 26, 1955. No
- change in compensation or allowances shall occur by reason
- of the appointment authorized by this joint resolution.