|This is a documentation subpage for Template:Authority control.
It contains usage information, categories and other content that is not part of the original template page.
This metadata template links Wikisource pages to various library catalogue systems.
Authority control data should be added to the corresponding item at Wikidata, and the template will access authority control information from that project.
Add as an empty template. [Local parameter addition is deprecated, as all authority control data is to be added to the author's Wikidata page.]
Add below copyright licenses.
As some local works are yet to be added to Wikidata, it is possible to locally add that data to a work.
Errors in the VIAF records can be reported on Wikipedia, from whence they will be passed on to the VIAF maintainers themselves.
See Wikisource:Authority control for more information.
Pages using this template can be tracked with the following categories:
- Category:Main pages with authority control data—for pages in the main namespace
- Category:Author pages with authority control data—for pages in the author namespace
- Category:Portal pages with authority control data—for pages in the portal namespace
- Category:Miscellaneous pages with authority control data
Pages with identified errors will be sorted into this maintenance category:
All contained in one overall category:
- Wikisource:Authority control
- Module:Authority control, the Lua module used to access data from Wikidata
- List of authority control properties on Wikidata