The American Cyclopædia (1879)/Kinney
KINNEY, a S. W. county of Texas, separated from Mexico by the Rio Grande, and drained by numerous small tributaries of that river; area, 1,400 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 1,204, of whom 418 were colored. There is little good land, which is confined to the valleys of the Rio Grande and a few small creeks. In 1870 it produced 17,320 bushels of Indian corn. There were 15,935 cattle and 6,518 sheep.