The American Cyclopædia (1879)/Kirchheim
KIRCHHEIM, or Kirchheim-unter-Teck, a town of Würtemberg, on the Lauter, and not far from the Teck, 18 m. S. W. of Ulm; pop. in 1871, 5,863. It has a royal castle, a large hospital, a house of refuge, iron works, and a sulphur spring. Linen, cotton goods, musical instruments, and other articles are manufactured; and there are important wool, sheep, and cattle markets.