The Battle of the Books
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "The Battle of the Books" in The Battle of the Books; with selections from the literature of the Phalaris controversy. Guthkelch, A (editor). Chatto and Windus. London, 1908.
- "The Battle of the Books" in The Battle of the Books and Other Short Pieces. Morley, G (editor). Cassell and Company. London, Paris and Melbourne. 1891
- "The Battle of the Books" in The Works of the Rev. Jonathan Swift 2: 207–246.
Originally published under the full title as:
- A full and true account of the battel fought last friday, between the Antient and the Modern Books in St. James's Library
Contemporary prefatory material included:
- The bookseller to the reader.
- The preface of the author. Satire is a sort of glass ...