The Encyclopedia Americana (1920)/Mississippi College
MISSISSIPPI COLLEGE, Clinton, M
founded in 1826 under the auspices of the
Presbyterian Church, came under control of the
Baptists in 1850. It has an academy and
collegiate department. The college courses lead
to the degrees of B.A., B.S and M.A. In 1915
the school had 17 professors and instructors,
and 430 students. The library had 5,000 volumes.
The property was valued at $405,000, exclusive
of the productive fund of $130,000. The annual
income is $25,000.