The Magic Melody
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- What's the name of that melody?
- Something mighty sweet about it, something hard to beat about it
- Oh What's the name of that melody?
- What a pitty not to know the name of such a pretty ditty
- It always seems to interrupt you when you're talking,
- It seems to lift you from your feet and start you walking,
- When the cellos and the fiddles start in to fiddle that middle part
- Clouds, fears, sighs, tears, disappear as if by Magic.
- The world goes around to the sound of a Syncopated melody,
- Come on take a chance and we'll dance to the Syncopated melody,
- Beware have a care, have a care, when you're doin' it
- Keep moving or you'll ruin it and just so you'll know we'll show you
- all the late improvements in those syncopated movements,
- Oh you start kind of slow till you know how to throw your shoulders in the air.
- Then you slide and you glide 'round the room in an attitude of "I don't care!"
- You'll dance and you'll sway and you'll think and you'll talk to it,
- You'll work and you'll play, and you'll drink and you'll walk to it,
- You can't get away from that Magic Melody.