The New International Encyclopædia/New Milford

From Wikisource
Jump to: navigation, search

NEW MIL′FORD. A town, including several villages, and a county-seat of Litchfield County, Conn., 15 miles north of Danbury; on the Housatonic Kiver, and on the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad (Map: Connecticut, B 3). It has a public library with about 3400 volumes, and Rectory and Ingleside schools. both Protestant Episcopal. There are several large tobacco warehouses, and manufactories of hats, carbonized stone and sewer pipe, lime, pottery, and paints. Population, in 1890, 3917; in 1900, 4804.