The New International Encyclopædia/Pennsylvania College for Women
PENNSYLVANIA COLLEGE FOR WOMEN. An institution for the higher education of women in Pittsburg, Pa., founded in 1869, under the auspices of the Presbyterian Church. Besides the collegiate department it has a preparatory school and departments of music and art, with a total registration in 1902 of 185 and 20 instructors. In that year the income was $40,000 and the college property was valued at $250,000. The library contained 3000 volumes.