The New Student's Reference Work/West Virginia University
West Virginia Univer′sity, located at Morgantown, was founded in 1867 as West Virginia Agricultural College. In 1868, by act of legislature, the name was changed to West Virginia University. The organization includes colleges of art and sciences, engineering and mechanic arts, agriculture, school of music and commercial and preparatory schools. The faculty numbers 71, the students 1,422 and the library 25,000 volumes. In 1907 the income was $224,353.