1. To drink the Soma, Agni, come, to our service and our songs.
With all these Gods; and worship them.
2. The Kanvas have invoked thee; they, O Singer, sing thee songs of praise
Agni, come hither with the Gods;
3. Indra, Vayu, Brhaspati, Mitra, Agni, Pusan, Bhaga,
Adityas, and the Marut host.
4. For you these juices are poured forth that gladden and exhilarate,
The meath-drops resting in the cup.
5. The sons of Kanva fain for help adore thee, having strewn the grass,
With offerings and all things prepared.
6. Let the swift steeds who carry thee, thought-yoked and dropping holy oil,
Bring the Gods to the Soma draught.
7. Adored, the strengtheners of Law, unite them, Agni, with their Dames:
Make them drink meath, O bright of tongue.
8. Let them, O Agni, who deserve worship and praise drink with thy tongue
The meath in solemn sacrifice.
9. Away, from the Sun's realm of light, the wise invoking Priest shall bring
All Gods awaking with the dawn.
10. With all the Gods, with Indra, with Vayu, and Mitra's splendours, drink,
Agni, the pleasant Soma juice.
11. Ordained by Manu as our Priest, thou sittest, Agni, at each rite:
Hallow thou this our sacrifice.
12. Harness the Red Mares to thy car, the Bays, O God, the flaming ones:
With those bring hitherward the Gods.