1. WAKEN the Asvin Pair who yoke their car at early morn: may they
Approach to drink this Soma juice.
2. We call the Asvins Twain, the Gods borne in a noble car, the best
Of charioteers, who reach the heavens.
3. Dropping with honey is your whip, Asvins, and full of pleasantness
Sprinkle therewith the sacrifice.
4. As ye go thither in your car, not far, O Asvins, is the home
Of him who offers Soma juice.
5. For my protection I invoke the golden-handed Savitar.
He knoweth, as a God, the place.
6. That he may send us succour, praise the Waters' Offspring Savitar:
Fain are we for his holy ways.
7. We call on him, distributer of wondrous bounty and of wealth,
On Savitar who looks on men.
8. Come hither, friends, and seat yourselves Savitar, to be praised by us,
Giving good gifts, is beautiful.
9. O Agni, hither bring to us the willing Spouses of the Gods,
And Tvastar, to the Soma draught.
10. Most youthful Agni, hither bring their Spouses, Hotra, Bharati,
Varutri, Dhisana, for aid.
11. Spouses of Heroes, Goddesses, with whole wings may they come to us
With great protection and with aid.
12. Indrani, Varunani, and Agnayi hither I invite,
For weal, to drink the Soma juice.
13. May Heaven and Earth, the Mighty Pair, bedew for us our sacrifice,
And feed us full with nourishments.
14. Their water rich with fatness, there in the Gandharva's steadfast place,
The singers taste through sacred songs.
15. Thornless be thou, O Earth, spread wide before us for a dwelling-place:
Vouchsafe us shelter broad and sure.
16. The Gods be gracious unto us even from the place whence Visnu strode
Through the seven regions of the earth!
17. Through all this world strode Visnu; thrice his foot he planted, and the whole
Was gathered in his footstep's dust.
18. Visnu, the Guardian, he whom none deceiveth, made three steps; thenceforth
Establishing his high decrees.
19. Look ye on Visnu's works, whereby the Friend of Indra, close-allied,
Hath let his holy ways be seen.
20. The princes evermore behold that loftiest place where Visnu is,
Laid as it were an eye in heaven.
21. This, Vishnu's station most sublime, the singers, ever vigilant,
Lovers of holy song, light up.