1. THESE fires associate with Indra are awake, bringing their light when first the Dawn begins to shine.
May Heaven and Earth, great Pair, observe our holy work. We claim for us this day the favour of the Gods.
2. Yea, for ourselves we claim the grace of Heaven and Earth, of Saryanavan, of the Hills and Mother Streams.
For innocence we pray to Surya and to Dawn. So may the flowing Soma bring us bliss to-day.
3. May the great Twain, the Mothers, Heaven and Earth, this day preserve us free from sin for peace and happiness.
May Morning sending forth her light drive sin afar. We pray to kindled Agni for felicity.
4. May this first Dawn bring us the host of gracious Gods: rich, may it richly shine for us who strive for wealth.
The wrath of the malignant may we keep afar. We pray to kindled Agni for feilicity.
5. Dawns, who come forward with the bright beams of the Sun, and at your earliest flushing bring to us the light,
Shine ye on us to-day auspicious, for renown. We pray to kindled Agni for felicity.
6. Free from all sickness may the Mornings come to us, and let our fires mount upward with a lofty blaze.
The Asvin Pair have harnessed their swift-moving car. We pray to kindled Agni for felicity.
7. Send us to-day a portion choice and excellent, O Savitar, for thou art he who dealeth wealth.
I cry to Dhisana, Mother of opulence. We pray to kindled Agni for felicity.
8. Further me this declaring of Eternal Law, the Law of Gods, as we mortals acknowledge it!
The Sun goes up beholding all the rays of morn. We pray to kindled Agni for felicity.
9. This day we pray with innocence in strewing grass, adjusting pressing-stones, and perfecting the hymn.
Thou in the Adityas' keeping movest restlessly. We pray to kindled Agni for felicity.
10. To our great holy grass I bid the Gods at morn to banquet, and will seat them as the seven priests,-
Varuna, Indra, Mitra, Bhaga for our gain. We pray to kindled Agni for felicity.
11. Come hither, O Adityas, for our perfect weal: accordant help our sacrifice that we may thrive.
Pusan, Brhaspati, Bhaga, both Asvins, and enkindled Agni we implore for happiness.
12. Adityas, Gods, vouchsafe that this our home may be praise-worthy, prosperous, our heroes' sure defence,
For cattle, for our sons, for progeny, for life. We pray to kindled Agni for felicity.
13. This day may all the Maruts, all he near us with aid: may all our fires be well enkindled.
May all Gods come to us with gracious favour. May spoil and wealth he ours, and all possessions.
14. He whom ye aid, O Deities, in battle, whom ye protect and rescue from affliction,
Who fears no danger at your milk-libation, -such may we be to feast the Gods, ye Mighty.