1. WITH lauds at break of morn the priest invoketh Agni, Dawn, Dadhikras, and both the Asvins.
With one consent the Gods whose light is splendid, longing to taste our sacrifice, shall hear us.
2. Three are thy powers, O Agni, three thy stations, three are thy tongues, yea, many, Child of Order!
Three bodies hast thou which the Gods delight in: with these protect our hymns with care unceasing.
3. O Agni, many are the names thou bearest, immortal, God, Divine, and Jatavedas.
And many charms of charmers, All-Inspirer! have they laid in thee, Lord of true attendants!
4. Agni, like Bhaga, leads the godly people, he who is true to Law and guards the seasons.
Ancient, all-knowing, he the Vrtra-slayer shall bear the singer safe through every trouble.
5. I call on Savitar the God, on Morning, Brhaspati, and Dadhikras, and Agni,
On Varuna and Mitra, on the Asvins, Bhaga, the Vasus, Rudras and Adityas.