1. WERE not in sooth, the Gods aforetime blameless, whose pleasure was increased by adoration?
For Vayu and for man in his affliction they caused the Morning to arise with Surya.
2. Guardians infallible, eager as envoys' preserve us safe through many months and autumns.
Addressed to you, our fair praise, Indra-Vayu, implores your favour and renewed well-being.
3. Wise, bright, arranger of his teams, he. seeketh men with rich food whose treasures are abundant.
They have arranged them of one mind with Vayu: the men have wrought all noble operations.
4. So far as native power and strength permit you, so far as men behold whose eyes have vision,
O ye pure-drinkers, drink with us pure Soma: sit on this sacred grass, Indra and Vayu.
5. Driving down teams that bear the lovely Heroes, hitherward, Indra-Vayu, come together.
To you this prime of savoury juice is offered: here loose your horses and be friendly-minded.
6. Your hundred and your thousand teams, O Indra and Vayu, all-munificent, which attend you,
With these most gracious-minded come ye hither, and drink, O Heroes of the meath we offer.
7. Like coursers seeking fame will we Vasisthas, O Indra-Vayu, with our fair laudations,
Exerting all our powe-,, call you to aid us. Preserve us evermore, ye Gods, with blessings.