AUTHOR OF "THE CALL OF THE WILD," "PEOPLE OF THE ABYSS," "CHILDREN OF THE FROST," ETC.
WITH ILLUSTRATIONS BY W.J. AYLWARD
GROSSET & DUNLAP
By JACK LONDON.
Copyright, 1903, 1904,
By THE CENTURY COMPANY.
By THE MACMILLAN COMPANY.
Set up and electrotyped. Published October, 1904. Reprinted
October, November, December, 1904; June, November, 1906.
J. S. Cushing & Co.—Berwick & Smith Co.
Norwood, Mass., U. S. A.
LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS
- "The hut's walls rose without difﬁculty
Frontispiece FACING PAGE
- "'Ahoy! Take me ashore! A thousand dollars if you take me ashore!'"
- "His face was convulsed and white, his eyes were ﬂashing, his clenched ﬁsts raised overhead"
- "At any moment they were liable to be overwhelmed by the hissing combers"
- "...The Kanaka, hanging on with one hand, seized the Cockney's foot with the other"
- "He saw Wolf Larsen's riﬂe bearing upon him"