- 1From Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God to the holy ones and believers in Christ
Jesus who are in Ephesus.
- 2 Grace to you, and peace from God, our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Rich Blessings of God
- 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the One who blessed us with
all the spiritual blessings in heaven, in Christ. 4 For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world was set, so that we may be holy and unblemished in His sight. Out of love, 5 he marked us out beforehand to adoption through Jesus Christ for Himself according to His good pleasure and will, 6 to the praise of his glorious, undeserved favor that He favored us by means of His loved one 7 in whom we have a release through his blood, the forgiveness of our sins, according to the riches of his undeserved favor. 8 He kindly covered us with all wisdom and understanding and 9 made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure that He purposed for Himself 10for an administration at the fulfillment of the days to bring everything together in the Christ, the things in heaven and the things on earth.
- 11 In Him we were also made heirs, having been marked out beforehand according to the purpose of the One who works
everything in agreement of His will, 12 that we should bring praise for His glory, everyone who has trusted in the Christ. 13 After you heard the truthful word (the good news of your salvation) you believed and were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a pledge of our inheritance that we received before the fact, for a release of the possession, to His praise and glory.
Paul Prays for the Spiritual Advancement of the Ephesians
- 15 That is why, when I heard of your faith in Jesus our Lord and your love in connection with
the saints, 16 I always thank God for you and remember you when I pray. 17 This is my prayer: That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, would give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in all knowledge of Him. 18The eyes of your heart have been opened so that you know what the hope is to which you are being called; the glorious riches for His heirs among the saints and 19 the surpassing majesty of his power to all of us who believe, in accord with his mighty strength.
- 20 This power He used to raise the Christ from the dead and seat him at His right hand in
heaven. 21 He is above every ruler, authority, power, and named name in this age and the age to come. 22 And everything He put under his feet and gave headship over all things pertaining to the church 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.