Translation:Mishnah/Seder Moed/Tractate Pesachim/Chapter 1/5
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- וְעוֹד אָמַר רַבִּי יְהוּדָה:
- שְׁתֵּי חַלּוֹת שֶׁל תּוֹדָה פְּסוּלוֹת מֻנָּחוֹת עַל גַּג הָאִצְטַבָּא.
- כָּל זְמַן שֶׁמֻּנָּחוֹת, כָּל הָעָם אוֹכְלִים.
- נִטְּלָה אַחַת, תּוֹלִין, לֹא אוֹכְלִין וְלֹא שׂוֹרְפִין.
- נִטְּלוּ שְׁתֵּיהֶן הִתְחִילוּ כָּל הָעָם שׂוֹרְפִין.
- רַבָּן גַּמְלִיאֵל אוֹמֵר:
- חֻלִּין נֶאֱכָלִין כָּל אַרְבַּע;
- וּתְרוּמָה כָּל חָמֵשׁ;
- וְשׂוֹרְפִין בִּתְחִלַּת שֵׁשׁ.
- Rabbi Yehudah further said:
- Two loaves of bread of a thank-offering [that had become] unfit were placed on the roof of the [Temple] stoa.
- As long as they [both] lay [there], all the people would eat [leavened foods].
- [When] one of them was removed, they would suspend and neither eat nor burn [their leavened foods].
- [When] the second one of them was removed, all the people would begin burning [their leavened foods].
- Rabban Gamliel says:
- Unconsecrated [leavened foods] may be eaten through the fourth [hour];
- [leavened food that was a] priestly donation [may be eaten] through the fifth [hour];
- and we must burn [all leavened foods] at the beginning of the sixth [hour].