Translation:Mishnah/Seder Nashim/Tractate Kiddushin/Chapter 2/2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- התקדשי לי
- בכוס זה של יין, ונמצא של דבש;
- של דבש, ונמצא של יין;
- בדינר זה של כסף, ונמצא של זהב;
- של זהב, ונמצא של כסף;
- על מנת שאני עני, ונמצא עשיר;
- עשיר, ונמצא עני —
- אינה מקודשת;
- רבי שמעון אומר:
- אם הטעה לשבח, הרי מקודשת.
- [One who says to a woman,] "Be betrothed to me..."
- "...with this cup of wine," and it was found to be honey;
- "...of honey," and it was found to be wine;
- "...with this dinar of silver," and it was found to be gold;
- "...of gold," and it was found to be silver;
- "...on condition that I am a pauper," and he was found to be a rich man;
- "...a rich man," and he was found to be a pauper" —
- she is not betrothed.
- Rabbi Shimon says:
- If he deceived her to [her] advantage, [she] is betrothed.