USAMGIK Ordinance 24
Jump to navigation Jump to search
5 November 1945
UNITED STATES ARMY FORCES IN KOREA
Office of the Military Governor
5 November 1945
PROHIBITING SALES OF ALCOGOLIC REVERAGES
SECTION Ⅰ. The Korean Important Materials Control Corporation created by the law of 28 December 1943, is continued as a body corporate and an instrumentality of the Government of Korea, but is hereby renamed and known as the Materials Control Corporation
SECTION Ⅱ. The Corporation is hereby constituted an independent agency of the Government of Korea for the purpose of aiding in and facilitating the procurement, receiving, handling, storing, safe-guarding, custody, accounting, sale and other distribution of all civilian relief and rehabilitation supplies, surplus war materials, and all surrendered or abandoned Japanese movable and tangible personal property which is the subject of market operations.
- a. Existing precisions having legal or regulatory effect on the corporation are hereby conformed to this order.
- b. The corporation is hereby directed to use all its assets and funds under its control in the exercise of its functions.
SECTION Ⅲ. The main office of the Corporation will be in Seoul, Korea. The Corporation will conblish branch offices in each of the provincial capitals and at such other places as it deems necessary.
SECTION Ⅳ. The affair of the Corporation will be under the direction and management of a Director appointed by the Military Governor.
- a. The Director will appoint and fix the compensation of officers and employees of the Corporation.
- b.The Director will prescribe necessary regulations for carrying out the purposes of this Ordinance.
SECTION Ⅴ. This order is effective at midnight 5 November 1945.
- BY DIRECTION OF THE COMMANDING GENERAL
- UNITED STATES ARMY FORCES IN KOREA
A. V. ARNOLD
Major General, United States Army
Military Governor of Korea.