United Nations Security Council Resolution 1
Military Staff Committee
1 (1946). Resolution of 25 January 1946
By Article 47 of the Charter, the United Nations have agreed that there shall be established a Military Staff Committee to advise and assist the Security Council, and that the Military Staff Committee shall consist of the Chiefs of Staff of the permanent members of the Security Council or their representatives;
- The Security Council requests the permanent members of the Security Council to direct their Chiefs of Staff to meet, or to appoint representatives who shall meet, at London on 1 February 1946;
- The Security Council directs that the Chiefs of Staff or their representatives, when so assembled, shall constitute the Military Staff Committee referred to above;
- The Security Council directs the Military Staff Committee thereupon, as its first task, to draw up proposals for its organization (including the appropriate secretarial staff) and procedure, and to submit these proposals to the Security Council.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".
- Official records (proceedings of conferences, verbatim and summary records, …)
- United Nations documents issued with a UN symbol
- Public information material designed primarily to inform the public about United Nations activities (not including public information material that is offered for sale).
Public domainPublic domainfalse
- Adopted without vote.