United Nations Security Council Resolution 1028
Adopted unanimously by the Security Council at its 3604th meeting, on 8 December 1995
The Security Council,
Recalling all its previous resolutions on the situation in Rwanda, in particular its resolution 997 (1995) of 9 June 1995,
Having considered the report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda (UNAMIR) of 1 December 1995 (S/1995/1002),
1. Decides to extend the mandate of UNAMIR for a period expiring on 12 December 1995;
2. Decides to remain actively seized of the matter.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".
Pursuant to UN Administrative Instruction ST/AI/189/Add.9/Rev.2 available in English only, these documents are in the public domain worldwide:
- Official records (proceedings of conferences, verbatim and summary records, …)
- United Nations documents issued with a UN symbol
- Public information material designed primarily to inform the public about United Nations activities (not including public information material that is offered for sale).