United Nations Security Council Resolution 1394
Adopted unanimously by the Security Council at its 4480th meeting, on 27 February 2002
The Security Council,
Reaffirming its previous resolutions on the question of Western Sahara and its commitment to assist the parties to achieve a just, lasting and mutually acceptable solution,
Taking note of the report of the Secretary-General of 19 February 2002 (S/2002/178),
1. Decides, as recommended by the Secretary-General in his report of 19 February 2002, to extend the mandate of the United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara (MINURSO) until 30 April 2002 and to consider actively the options described in his report, addressing this issue in its programme of work;
2. Requests the Secretary-General to provide a report on the situation before the end of the present mandate;
3. Decides to remain seized of the matter.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".
- Official records (proceedings of conferences, verbatim and summary records, …)
- United Nations documents issued with a UN symbol
- Public information material designed primarily to inform the public about United Nations activities (not including public information material that is offered for sale).
Public domainPublic domainfalse