United Nations Security Council Resolution 216
Adopted at the 1258th meeting by 10 votes to none, with 1 abstention (France), on 12 November 1965
The Security Council,
1. Decides to condemn the unilateral declaration of independence made by a racist minority in Southern Rhodesia;
2. Decides to call upon all States not to recognize this illegal racist minority régime in Southern Rhodesia and to refrain from rendering any assistance to this illegal régime.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".
- Official records (proceedings of conferences, verbatim and summary records, …)
- United Nations documents issued with a UN symbol
- Public information material designed primarily to inform the public about United Nations activities (not including public information material that is offered for sale).
Public domainPublic domainfalse