United Nations Security Council Resolution 244
Adopted unanimously by the Security Council at its 1386th meeting, on 22 December 1967
The Security Council,
Noting the appeals addressed by the Secretary-General to the Governments of Greece, Turkey and Cyprus on 22 November,  24 November  and 3 December  and the report of the Secretary-General of 8 December 1967, 
Noting the replies of the three Governments concerned  to the appeal of the Secretary-General of 3 December in which the Secretary-General proffered his good offices, and their replies  to his previous appeals,
Noting from the said report of the Secretary-General that circumstances continue to require the presence of the United Nations Peace-keeping Force in Cyprus for a further period,
Noting that the Government of Cyprus has agreed that it is necessary to continue the Force beyond 26 December 1967,
1. Reaffirms its resolution 186 (1964) of 4 March 1964 and its subsequent resolutions as well as its expressions of consensus on this question;
2. Extends the stationing in Cyprus of the United Nations Peace-keeping Force established under the Council’s resolution 186 (1964), for a period of three months ending on 26 March 1968;
3. Invites the parties promptly avail themselves of the good offices proffered by the Secretary-General and requests the Secretary-General to report on the results to the Council as appropriate;
4. Calls upon all the parties concerned to continue to show the utmost moderation and restraint and refrain from any act which might aggravate the situation;
5. Urges the parties concerned to undertake a new determined effort to achieve the objectives of the Security Council with a view, as requested in the Council’s consensus of 24 November 1967, to keeping the peace and arriving at a permanent settlement in accordance with Security Council resolution 186 (1964) of 4 March 1964;
6. Decides to remain seized of this question and to reconvene for its further consideration as soon as circumstances and developments so require.
 Ibid., document S/8248/Add.3.
 Ibid., document S/8248/Add.5.
 Ibid., document S/8248/Add.6, para. 1.
 Ibid., document S/8286.
 Ibid., document S/8248/Add.7-9.
 Ibid., document S/8286/Add.6, paras. 3 and 4.