United Nations Security Council Resolution 317
Adopted by 14 votes to none, with 1 abstention (United States of America) by the Security Council at its 1653rd meeting, on 21 July 1972
The Security Council,
Having considered the agenda adopted by the Security Council at its 1651st meeting held of 18 July 1972,
Having noted the contents of the letters of the Permanent Representative of the Syrian Arab Republic and the Charge d'affaires ad interim of Lebanon,
Having heard the statements of the representatives of Lebanon and of the Syrian Arab Republic,
Having noted with appreciation the efforts made by the President of the Security Council and by the Secretary-General following the adoption of resolution 316 (1972) of 26 June 1972,
1. Reaffirms resolution 316 (1972) adopted by the Security Council of 26 June 1972;
2. Deplores the fact that despite these efforts, effect has not yet been given to the Security Council's strong desire that all Syrian and Lebanese military and security personnel abducted by Israeli armed forces from Lebanese territory of 21 June 1972 should be released in the shortest possible time;
3. Calls upon Israel for the return of the above-mentioned personnel without delay;
4. Requests the President of the Security Council and the Secretary-General to make renewed efforts to secure the implementation of the present resolution.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".
- Official records (proceedings of conferences, verbatim and summary records, …)
- United Nations documents issued with a UN symbol
- Public information material designed primarily to inform the public about United Nations activities (not including public information material that is offered for sale).
Public domainPublic domainfalse