United Nations Security Council Resolution 430
The Security Council,
Taking note of the report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations operation in Cyprus dated 31 May 1978,
Noting the concurrence of the parties concerned in the recommendation by the Secretary-General that the Security Council extend the stationing of the United Nations Peace-keeping Force in Cyprus for a further period of six months
Noting also that the Government of Cyprus has agreed that in view of the prevailing conditions in the island it is necessary to keep the Force in Cyprus beyond 15 June 1978,
Reaffirming the provisions of its resolution 186 (1964) and other relevant resolu-tions,
1. Extends once more the stationing in Cyprus of the United Nations Peace-keeping Force established under resolution 186 (1964) for a further period ending 15 December 1978;
2. Requests the Secretary-General to continue his mission of good officers, to keep the Security Council informed of the progress made and to submit a report on the implementation of the present resolution by 30 November 1978.
Adopted at the 2080th meet-ing by 14 votes to none.
 Ibid., document S/12723.
 One member (China) did not participate in the voting.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".
- Official records (proceedings of conferences, verbatim and summary records, …)
- United Nations documents issued with a UN symbol
- Public information material designed primarily to inform the public about United Nations activities (not including public information material that is offered for sale).
Public domainPublic domainfalse