United Nations Security Council Resolution 798
Adopted unanimously by the Security Council at its 3150th meeting, on 18 December 1992
The Security Council,
Recalling its resolution 770 (1992) and 771 (1992) of 13 August 1992 as well as other relevant resolutions of the Security Council,
Appalled by reports of the massive, organized and systematic detention and rape of women, in particular Muslim women, in Bosnia and Herzegovina,
Demanding that all the detention camps and, in particular, camps for women should be immediately closed,
Taking note of the initiative taken by the European Council on the rapid dispatch of a delegation to investigate the facts received until now, 
1. Expresses its support for the above-mentioned initiative of the European Council;
2. Strongly condemns these acts of unspeakable brutality;
3. Requests the Secretary-General to provide such necessary means of support as are available to him in the area to enable the European Community delegation to have free and secure access to the places of detention;
4. Requests the member States of the European Community to inform the Secretary-General of the work of the delegation;
5. Invites the Secretary-General to report to it within fifteen days of the adoption of the present resolution on measures taken to support the delegation;
6. Decides to remain actively seized of the matter.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".
Pursuant to UN Administrative Instruction ST/AI/189/Add.9/Rev.2 available in English only, these documents are in the public domain worldwide:
- Official records (proceedings of conferences, verbatim and summary records, …)
- United Nations documents issued with a UN symbol
- Public information material designed primarily to inform the public about United Nations activities (not including public information material that is offered for sale).