United Nations Security Council Resolution 94
Adopted unanimously by the Security Council at its 548st meeting, on 29 May 1951
The Security Council,
Noting with regret the death of Judge José Philadelpho de Barros e Azevedo on 7 May 1951,
Noting further that a vacancy in the Court for the remainder of the deceased’s term of office has thus occurred and must be filled in accordance with the terms of the Statute of the International Court of Justice,
Noting that, in accordance with Article 14 of the Statute, the date of the election to fill this vacancy shall be fixed by the Security Council,
1. Decides that an election to fill the vacancy shall take place during the sixth session of the General Assembly;
2. Decides further that this election shall take place prior to the regular election to be held at the same session to fill the five vacancies which will occur owing to the expiration on 5 February 1952 of the terms of five members.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".
Pursuant to UN Administrative Instruction ST/AI/189/Add.9/Rev.2 available in English only, these documents are in the public domain worldwide:
- Official records (proceedings of conferences, verbatim and summary records, …)
- United Nations documents issued with a UN symbol
- Public information material designed primarily to inform the public about United Nations activities (not including public information material that is offered for sale).