Hello XavierV. Please note that I have proposed that Draft United Nations Guiding principles on Human Rights and Extreme Poverty be deleted in as a copyright violation; I invite you to participate in the discussion taking place on Possible copyright violations. The text will be deleted with in two weeks if there is no dispute that this work is copyrighted. Thank you for your interest in our project. --Benn Newman 19:22, 2 November 2006 (UTC)
- Oops, that was a mistake. I have now archived it. --Benn Newman (AMDG) 13:50, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
- No problem. Thanks for the correction to the archives and also for all this work for making sure that texts could not raise troubles for copyright violations. I plan to add other UN texts relating to fighting poverty. Take care - - XavierV 21:39, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
It looks like this text is in PD according to Template UN-PD
Thanks for your message. This is a UN General Assembly text, issued by HQ ãnd as such free from copyright in my understanding. I found at least one similar case with the Draft United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. Many universities are hosting such textes as does the Minnesota human rights library. XavierV 22:05, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
"At any time where the United States Government prepared the underlying texts" is the only probably valid reason I see. Do you know if that is the case? --Benn Newman 22:14, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
- Dear Benn, I have already asked about that to UN editors here in Geneva. The answer was that unless there is an explicit copyright (as have many UN Official Publications), there is no copyrightfor UN documents. I can check further.You can see on many websites such as International Service for Human Rights that they present official UN documents.
- For us it is very important that this text could be available to the public now, for easy reference (otherwise it is embedded in a 175 pages PDF document. So I would prefer the text not be hidden during the time I ask further about the copyright aspect. Thanks XavierV 22:30, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
- "As a general rule, documents bearing a United Nations symbol or working papers that have been distributed before copyright protection is.sought are regarded as being in the public domain and cannot be protected by subsequent copyright." ARTICLE H 6. COPYRIGHT IN UNITED NATIONS PUBLICATIONS, PERMISSION TO REPRINT, AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH OUTSIDE THE UNITED NATIONSXavierV 22:44, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
Je me permets d'écrire en français vu que je suis aussi francophone. J'ai publié le rapport Brundtland sur WS en anglais (Brundtland Report) et en français (Rapport Brundtland). Aurais-tu des informations sur le copyright de ce document ? D'autre part, j'ai cru comprendre que tu étais sur Genève. Si c'est le cas, je serais heureux de te rencontrer, je suis aussi sur Genève. Cordialement, Yann 21:44, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
Bonjour Yann, merci pour ton mot. Il faut voir si le rapport est sorti sous une cote officielle ONU. D'accord pour prendre contact. atdintgeneve2 ( at ) econophone.ch tel 022 344 41 15 XavierV 12:11, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
- C'est bien le cas : :Report of the World Commission on Environment and Development A/42/427
- "Other Title: Report of the World Commission on Environment and Development (1987)
- Report of the World Commission on Environment and Development : "Our common future"
- Our common future.
- Brundtland report."XavierV 22:04, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
Draft United Nations Guiding principles on Human Rights and Extreme Poverty : is there a possibility to make available to all an existing Bengali version ?
Dear Xavier, thank you for massage. Yes we haven't Bengali wikisource yet. But our proposal for Bengali wikisource has been approved by the language subcommittee. Now we are just waiting for the site creation. But at this time we are posting our Bengali contents at the multilingual wikisource. So we can also introduce that material at Bengali wikisource. We could easily do that if we have the text at unicode compatible format. But if you haven't that formated text, we have to type again the whole text in Bengali unicode format to post in wikisource. I think this process will take some time. Don't worry I am going discuss this matter to my local community and as soon as possible we'll introduce in Bengali also. Pleae send me the pagemaker version also. Thank you again.--Bellayet 04:04, 11 September 2007 (UTC)